Sunday, June 15, 2014

Off to the East Coast

The day of departure has finally come! Well, almost. Tomorrow at 2:50 in the morning, my cohort will meet at El Cerrito High School to begin our adventure to the east coast. I am starting to feel nervous and a little bit homesick, even though I haven't even left. 

The carry-on I will be taking, including my shoes and un umbrella.
For the past few weeks, my mother and I have been making countless trips to the store, buying things I may need for my trip, such as weather appropriate clothing (I had little to no summer clothes) and travel-sized toiletries. I have yet to weigh my suitcase since our luggage scale is nowhere to be found but thankfully Don will be weighing all of our suitcases before we leave to San Francisco. 

A few of the things I'll be taking include a suitcase full of clothing, a carry-on that contains my shoes, and a backpack that holds my laptop, my camera, the necessary readings for the course and chargers for my laptop and camera. I am hoping I don't forget anything, since it will be quite difficult to attain any of my belongings, unless I result to just buying them again. 

My suitcase, complete with clothing and bed sheets.
Overall, I am extremely excited to finally go explore St. Louis, Chicago and Ithaca. For the first few months of being in the ILC, I couldn't even grasp the concept that I would be traveling to the other side of the country and now the day has come to finally leave. It's gonna be an amazing experience and I can't wait to share it with you as I blog during my trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment