Monday, June 30, 2014

The Start of a New Week

This morning I had the opportunity to sit with a few other kids from my class for breakfast. I had already met Sofie but then I met her close friend whose name is also Sofie and a guy named Will. My breakfast had started out with Kevin, Sue and Natalie but they left so I hung out with these guys and they were actually cool. Since Sofie (the first one I met) is from San Francisco, we talked about the bay and the beaches that are available to us but are too cold to actually go to.

During class, Professor Kramnick gave a great lecture as usual. At the end of the lecture, however, there was a girl sat in the front of the class that fell asleep and wouldn't wake up. We all got a bit scared but she finally woke up and then we all went on with our lives.

I am delighted to say that the lunch I had today at Trillium was the best thing I've eaten since I've arrived at Cornell. I had a chicken parmesan with pasta and zucchini. It was all beautifully cooked and all of the flavors went perfectly with each other and I was just so happy to have eaten something so delicious.
The amazingly delicious Italian food

We had our writing workshop after lunch which I was a bit scared for since I wasn't feeling very confident about my essay. However, I convinced myself that I'd just have to accept my fate and hope for the best. We peer edited a bit and I realized my mistakes so that I'll be able to adjust it for my final draft.

Class ended on a good note and then I went back to my dorm to read, which I've been doing on and off since then. We all met with Mr. Chan-Law right before dinner to discuss our Niagara Falls trip, which I'm extremely excited about. I've never been there so it'll be exciting to visit for the first time. 

Dinner was usual and the food was pretty good, as always. I wish I could eat a bit healthier but the only extremely healthy options available are salads and I'm not really a salad person, but I'll make an attempt to get back on track with healthy food this week.

It is now bedtime, but I'll keep you all updated with everything that happens this week (and the next)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment