Saturday, July 12, 2014

Back to My Own Bed

Today I managed to wake up at 7:00 despite the fact that I fell asleep at 1:00 AM last night. I didn't need to be up that early since my check out time wasn't until 9:45 but I thought I'd get up just to have an early start. I did my last-minute packing, took a shower, finished cleaning my side of the room and even helped my roommate out before here check-out at 8:00. 

Saying good-bye to Morgan :(
Packing on the way home is a struggle since there are a lot of small things we have to make sure to pack, like toiletries, underwear, and perhaps small electronics. However, I managed to pack everything and my bags were set by the time I checked out. I said my good-byes to friends that I saw on the way out then Kevin and I loaded our things onto the car then went to check in our bags, along with Natalie and Sue.

By the time we had come back, Katelyn and Jun had finished their graduation ceremony so we all went to the Statler Hotel to eat lunch. I can definitely say that although the hotel isn't necessarily the nicest on the outside, on the inside is perhaps the most beautiful hotel I have ever been to. I took a picture of the lobby with the camera but sadly a penny got stuck in my memory card drive and it is not reading my memory card anymore, so I'll have to see if I can fix it. I'm glad I took pictures with my phone today as well, though!

For lunch, I started off with Moroccan lentils (even though the restaurant was Italian) and they reminded me of my dad's. Eating those lentils made me miss home a bit but at the same time I was happy because they tasted really good. For my main entree I had crespelles (Italian crepes) filled with quinoa and beans. Although they were lacking in flavor, I greatly enjoyed the crespelles and would definitely have them again. For desert, we went to the Cornell Dairy Barn and each of us had our own ice cream. We walked far to get there, but it was worth it!

Crespelles with tomatoes and watercress.

Once we had finished our ice cream, we made our way to the airport. We had already checked in so all that was left was security. We had about 45 minutes of spare time once we were in the security gate, so I took advantage and charged my electronics. A lot of Summer College students were on this flight to Philadelphia, including Katelyn's roommate Elizabeth and friend Alli. Elizabeth was going to transfer to Boston but Alli would be with us until San Francisco.

Getting ice cream at the Dairy Bar.
The flight to Philadelphia was nice, especially because I had no one sitting next to me and I managed to fall asleep for pretty much the whole ride. Once we got to Philadelphia, we directly went to our next gate and I was in charge of the bags while everyone got Subway. I ordered a foot-long but was surprised to see that it was very thin, and didn't fill me up as much as I thought I would. It got me full, but it was strange that I could eat a whole foot-long in one sitting.

After eating, it was time to board the plane to San Francisco (finally!). We all got on and everyone sat down in their seats. All of the cohort sat in one row together, except for me, but I didn't mind because I had a window seat. The woman sitting next to me was a bit grumpy at first because the man sitting next to her kept moving her stuff but then she put on her headphones and watched Chinese shows for the rest of the flight. She couldn't stop giggling and I couldn't help but watch along with her every once in a while, even though I couldn't hear or understand what was going on.
Our small plane to Philadelphia.
The flight was about 5 hours long and I actually didn't get tired, but by the end of the flight I had gotten a bit antsy and needed to get out of the plane. When the pilot finally announced that we were descending, I could not be more happy. 

On our way to San Francisco.
As soon as we landed, I hopped out of my seat, grabbed my backpack and carry-on, then raced off of the plane (safely). When we had all gotten off of the plane, we went straight to the baggage claim. My mom and brother were already waiting for me and it was so nice to finally see them. After about 20 minutes, I got my luggage and it was time to go home. I could not be happier to see my family :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment