Saturday, July 5, 2014

Beauty Unveils When the Sun Sets at Cornell

Today was a rather normal Saturday. Nothing as special as yesterday's Niagara Falls adventure, but it still was interesting to tour the campus. After grabbing a normal lunch and relaxing in my dorm, I headed with my cohort to College Town, a town with a collection of shops. So we first searched for a Thai restaurant, but since we had no luck, (we found it, but it was closed) we decided to go to a bagel shop. 
College Town - wasn't as captivating as expected
I ordered focaccia bread with mozarella, tomato, basil, and olive oil. Honestly, I didn't know what I was thinking. I should've went with something a bit different as Italian food is becoming quite repetitive. Don't get me wrong, Italian is still my favorite cuisine, but I definitely need a break from it. 
My dinner with coconut water
Once this Italian dinner was over, Jun and I went to Starbucks and I ordered a Cotton Candy Frappuccino off the Starbuck's Secret Menu. And need I say anything about Starbucks? It was simply fantastic as usual. Though the taste was great, I had one concern: the amount of whipped cream that had been put on top. I would of loved more whipped cream, but I don't know why the barista only put one swirl of whipped cream -- or just enough to cover the top of the drink. Whipped cream is my favorite part, but the barista was being either stingy or Starbucks was running low on budget. 

Jun tried to make me look as tall as the tower. 
Wow, right?












After shopping at the "Bear Necessities" store and picking up the last set of souvenirs, Natalie, Jun and I decided to walk back to our dorms. Because the sun was setting and the view was just so terrific, Jun and I couldn't resist taking so many pictures. Plus, I wanted to be in many pictures so that I could remember these moments forever. While Natalie waited for us patiently, Jun and I turned on our photography mode. Different poses, lightings, angles. All I wanted were memories because this seriously is a once in a lifetime opportunity. We tried out my camera in all ways possible but Natalie literally had to force us -- especially me -- to keep walking. What would normally take only 15 minutes, took us 25 minutes. However, it's just so hard to resist the beauty of Cornell especially when the sun is setting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment